Thursday, July 8, 2010

Seize The Cupcake!


Hello Everyone from Upstate NY!

Jeez, it's been unbelievably hot here. I'm sure that all of you who live in typically warm places are probably asking yourselves, "How hot could Upstate NY possibly get? I'm sure we have it wayyy hotter here!" Well, the last 3 days have been around 98 degrees and VERY humid. So yes, I think the state of NY has moved to Florida.

On another topic, I've got a new card to show you. I made it for a friend's birthday and I really hope she likes it. I'm also submitting it to the Card Patterns Sketch Blog for Sketch #71. I hope I win! :)

I used a few different things on this one. The background is a sheet of canvas paper with Ranger Inks Shabby Shutters and Broken China. I took the inks and pressed them both onto a craft sheet and used my Mini Mister to add a little water. I then dragged the piece of canvas through it and then heat set it.

The stamps and sentiment are from the Cupcakes set from Hero Arts. I colored the cupcakes with Prismacolor Premiere colored pencils and added a little bling. I also used Shabby Shutters Distress Ink on the sentiment.

Hope you like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thank you so much.